Scott’s Barn offers a rural, relaxing accommodation in the heart of Mid Ulster. It is in close proximity to Magherafelt, Cookstown and Moneymore but no more than “a stone’s throw” away from the shores of Lough Neagh, Sperrin Mountains, Beaghmore Ancient Circles, Antrim’s stunning Coastline, The Glens, Titanic Belfast, Game of Thrones studio tour and The Ulster American Folk Park, to name but a few.
Scott’s Barn is the perfect base from which to engage in sporting pursuits, enjoy retail therapy in nearby towns Magherafelt and Cookstown, visit places of historic interest, sample Ulster’s Famous Foods or quietly read a good book in a very peaceful, undisturbed location. This unique location also provides guests with a hill walking and mountain biking paradise amongst the majestic background of the Sperrin Mountains.
For more information on what to do in the area click here
Our top picks
- 17th-century National Trust property with walled garden and impressive costume collection.
- 17th century country residence set within a 260-acre demesne of ancient woodland and forestry offering house tours.
Seamus Heaney HomePlace takes you on an inspiring journey through the life and work of one of Ireland’s greatest writers.
- OM Dark Sky Park and Observatory is the first of its kind in Northern Ireland. An International Dark Sky Park, where astronomy meets archaeology.
- Complex of early Bronze Age megalithic features, stone circles and cairns.
- 17th century working water-powered mill used in the manufacture of linen.
- Ancient ceremonial site where the Chiefs of the Clan O’Neill of Tyrone were inaugurated.
- Multi-purpose facility catering for a range of arts, drama, music events and activities.
- Enjoy afternoon tea at the grade A listed castle designed by the famous John Nash who also designed the Regent Street area of London and its most famous landmark Buckingham Palace.
Attractive eighteenth-century demesne a butterfly and Japanese garden, arboretum, ponds, and mixed woodlands.
Set in the historic grounds of Killymoon castle, the club provides a 18 hole championship course. It also hosts an excellent club house with bar and restaurant facilities.
The home of Darren Clarke and awarded “Best Golf Club” in the Northern Ireland Hospitality Awards in 2019.
Royal Portrush Golf Club is the home to the world famous Dunluce Links, one of the most challenging golf courses in the world. The 36-hole club has two links courses, the Dunluce Links and the Valley Links.
Family Days Out
Leading outdoor activity provider of adrenaline-packed Paintball, High Wire Tree Top Adventure Courses, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Archery, Llama Trekking and much more.
Ireland’s newest and largest outdoor inflatable water park.
An expertly run, fast-flowing go-karting circuit
Whatever your passion, budget and available time let Scott’s Barn help you plan your itinerary for FREE.